Become a member
Membership Information and Fees
Food Integrity Group Co-op Ltd (FIG) offers a membership structure with details as follows.
FIG is run as a co-operative which basically means we all share in the running of the group and the jobs needing to be done. It is not a shop where one can visit every other week to collect some produce, but a community co-operative we all share in and where we can all benefit from the great produce and community connection. Without our wonderful volunteers, the co-op would not be able to operate!
The FIG year runs from July to June and the annual fees are scaled, with one amount for those able to volunteer (at least once a month or more) and a higher amount for those co-op members who are unable to volunteer at all, for whatever reason.
+ $10 joining fee
You volunteer at least once a month or more in one FIG year (July to June)
+ $10 joining fee
You cannot volunteer at all in one FIG year (July to June)
Join at the Co-Op
If you prefer to join in person at the Co-Op, please submit the Membership Application form and pay the relevant annual and joining fees at the desk by EFTPOS, cash or cheque, or by bank deposit.
Bank account details:
- BSB: 633000
- Account number: 145527594
- Account name: Food Integrity Group Co-op
Membership fees are reduced when joining throughout the year.
- Joining in July as a volunteer would mean a payment of $40: $10 joining fee & $30 annual fee
- if a concession card holder, the full year payment would be $25: $10 joining fee & $15 annual fee
- Joining in July as a non volunteer would mean a payment of $90: $10 joining fee & $80 annual fee
- if a concession card holder, the full year payment would be $50: $10 joining fee & $40 annual fee
Joining throughout the year becomes cheaper as the year progresses:
- Joining in January as a volunteer a new person would pay $25: $10 plus annual fee of $15
- if a concession card holder, the payment in January would be $18: $10 joining fee & $8 annual fee
- Joining in January as a non volunteer a new person would pay $50: $10 plus annual fee of $40
- if a concession card holder, the payment in January would be $30: $10 joining fee & $20 annual fee
- When joining in June, there is no pro rata fee applicable and we suggest instead you join for the full year ahead – that is until 30th June of the following year.
- Concessions are available to pensioners, students and concession card holders and the fees for these members will be approximately half the above rates. Refer to the table above. Concession cards are to be shown upon joining.
- Volunteering at the co-op means helping on Monday in the setting up of the tables, produce & equipment, weighing and bagging produce, cashier duties, packing the bulk fruit orders, packing away, washing up and sweeping the floor at the end of the day, but also includes many other duties such as folding leaflets, answering email enquiries, writing articles on food, health and recipes, being a social media assistant, speaking at local community groups or running a workshop, and many other jobs throughout the year. Therefore those unable to assist of a Monday due to work commitments or having young children, etc, may be able to help out with other jobs at a time more convenient. For those of you only able to collect your food box late in the day, you may like to form part of the pack up team on a rotating basis.
- Volunteers are asked to sign in to the red roster folder at the desk each time they volunteer – for attendance records and insurance purposes.
- Co-op members are entitled to offer their organic or chemical free garden surplus for the extras table. This must be arranged in advance.
- Fees are due for renewal in June each year, and the joining fee is not payable for renewal of membership. See table above for pro rata rates for those joining during the year (Aug-June).
Please email if you have any further questions, or see any of the management folk, at the co-op on Monday.