2021 has seen us able to relax the COVID-19 guidelines put in place during March 2020, with them regularly being assessed throughout that year by the FIG Board and management team. Government guideline and advice updates have meant that FIG has once again been able to open the doors to our members and visitors, with conditions relaxing further still between January and February this year. Please note that Government advice could change again and we will update our members via newsletters, both the public Facebook page and member Facebook group, and the website.
The updated operations as of late February 2021 look like this:
1. The co-op is open to members and visitors each Monday (Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday), with the Fresh Food Market and Organic Pantry open from 2pm until 4pm. To adhere to Covid guidelines, we have introduced a one way pathway through the co-op which will be signposted at the entry, a sign-in sheet at the door along with hand sanitising facilities. Tongs are provided to select your produce with. A separate door is for Hub driver use only, and this is signposted as well. Note that there remains a limit on the number of people we can have in the hall at any one time and if numbers inside increase we may need to ask you to wait outside for a short while until someone leaves.
2. Hubs will continue! This was a popular addition to our services for 2020 and you may now elect to continue collecting orders from your local Hub or from HQ at Ourimbah where the Fresh Food Market operates from.
3. Organic pantry orders will continue to be taken online with a cut off of Friday for delivery the following Monday, however please note our display of dry goods has returned to the co-op each week so you may resume buying in person.
4. Orders are taken online via the website with a cutoff of Wednesday evening for the following week, by email, or in person at the desk should you have no online facilities.
5. All payment methods are available with credit card facilities for online ordering, Eftpos or cash payments in person at the co-op, plus bank transfers for those who prefer that method.
6. Volunteer requirements have also increased so if you volunteered prior to Covid restrictions taking place, we would love to see you back again. Please contact us by phone or email, or see us at the co-op, to be added to the roster. Weekend events have also resumed in 2021 and we require volunteers to help out at the co-op stand throughout the day.
If you are a co-op member on Facebook make sure you join our members only Facebook group, details of which are published in our newsletters, and where you will see announcements, roster requirements, and further changes to any guidelines.
We are keeping the following here as we ask for your continued patience. Our co-op members have been wonderfully patient and keeping up with all the changes since Garth wrote this. The situation may change again at any time however the past year has shown that we have systems we can put in place at very short notice, and keep the co-op operating.
Finally, can I extend a thank you from myself and on behalf of all of the members to Management and the Board at this time. We are in unprecedented times and like the rest of our wonderful FIG community they are coming to terms with the restrictions on our daily life and the uncertainty of the situation. In all of this they are committed to keeping our volunteers, members and farmers safe, to ensuring you have access to organic produce as long as possible and to keeping FIG operating into the future. Please support them.
Chair, FIG Board